Essential oils are known for the many purposes they have and the positive effect they have on the human body and mind. But do they really can help you for house cleaning and proper and thorough maintenance of the things you own? In fact, essential oils are often an ingredient of the most of the conventional cleaning products and even by their own, they are a very successful and smooth-working way to get rid of dirt, neutralise odours and even deodorise. Their biggest advantage is the fact that essential oils are a completely natural product and because of that very safe and healthy option, no matter if it comes to taking care of the house or professional commercial cleaning services.
Here are a few ways you can clean and freshen up your home with the help of essential oils you can find practically anywhere:
- Natural air freshener – This is the most obvious way you can use essential oils because of their wide usage in aromatherapy and so on. When it comes to essential oils you really have a wide choice and each and every out of them can help you achieve and create a specific atmosphere and mood. For example, lavender is great for relaxation, like citrus ones like orange and tangerine and also peppermint will wake you up and sets you in the right mood for welcoming the day and give you energy for dealing with the everyday tasks. Pick your favourite scent and put it in a spray bottle mixed with water. Spray occasionally and that is really it!
- Pest control – Essential oils can also help you for repelling pests. For example, peppermint oil repels spiders and mice, while lavender, lemongrass and rosemary repel flying insects.
- Freshen up clothes – If you want to deodorise your clothes, then choose your favourite scent and pour a few drops on a cotton ball, then place it in your wardrobe.
- Destroy and prevent mould – If you mix tea tree oil with distilled water in a spray bottle and spray all the areas, where there is mould, you can successfully get rid of it. Simply wait a few minutes and then wipe down. That way you also prevent mould to appear again.
- You can successfully use essential oils like eucalyptus for example for neutralising and deodorising the nasty smell from your trash can. Simply mix a few drops of the oil with hot and soapy water and swirl it in the bottom of your trash can.
- Upholstery cleaning – You can freshen up non-leather upholstery with the help of baking soda and some essential oils like lemon, peppermint, lavender, ylang-ylang.
- Keep the toilet extra fresh by adding a few drops of tea tree oil to the water in the toilet tank. That way every time someone flushes the water, it will fill the bathroom with a nice scent and also cleans and disinfects the inside of the toilet and prevents mould and mildew build-ups.
Deep carpet cleaning might not be the thing you are best at, but you can always make your carpet fresher without having special skills and expensive products.
We all are trying to shave a few minutes off our daily cleaning routines, so here are a few simple ways how to achieve that.
Even the tiniest bathroom can look and feel amazing when it is clean, neat and well-organised. Here is how to maintain yours!
Check out our blog for health-related cleaning tips like how to remove the pink biofilm from your bathroom.